Thursday, December 3, 2009

Blacklisted!

Oh Telecom . . . Telecom, Telecom, Telecom! I hate to be cliché, but it’s not rocket science. They showed up on Monday as promised bright and early at 0900. They installed the line (thank God for that eye-hook!) and hooked up the modem for our internet. The phone worked just fine, but we couldn’t connect to the internet. The technician called headquarters (which, quite frankly, I expect is located in someone’s basement) and was told it would take a day to work. Uh huh.

Tuesday – no internet! MOH (My Other Half) calls our good ol’ Quality of Life Office and they, in turn, called Telecom. Our modem is blacklisted. Yep – BLACKLISTED! The previous people who had it didn’t pay their bills so it was blocked. And they gave it to us. Without unblocking it. (Please insert dramatic sigh here.)

MOH, who is the absolute most patient man on earth, is finally getting fed up. I was fed up on day one, which is why I let MOH make the phone calls. I have trouble hiding my disgust with people I think are idiots – and that list is constantly growing. He called the QOL Office on Wednesday and was told that we were very unlucky. I prefer to call it getting hosed by Telecom. He was told surely it would be on by Thursday . . . or Friday. Gah!

Well we finally got it Wednesday evening – Hooray!! All things considered it could have been worse. Happy posts to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment