Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dog Dumper

This is an open post to the person or persons who dumped their little dog at the traffic circle near my house. Let me start by saying, “Fuck you!” Four days ago I noticed a little brown dog (Chihuahua mix?) at the traffic circle where we live now. It looked like this, but brown.



I was so happy to leave Casal di Principe thinking I would no longer have to look at the poor abandoned dogs, but apparently I was wrong. I was with MOH (My Other Half) the first time I saw it and I was mortified. The animal was obviously a pet. It was well groomed and cared for, and terrified. It stayed in the middle of the road. The only thing I could think of was that it had been abandoned. It was still there when we came back from our errands, right in the middle of the road. I told MOH that we had to do something. He told me, “What? Where will you put it? We have four, and three of them are big and probably won’t accept it. It will fit through the bars of our gate. You cannot save them all.” The problem is that I want to save them all.

The next day I was going on a road trip with the girls and it was still there, confused and upset in the middle of the road. For some reason I decided it was a “she” and talked about her on my trip. I was trying to figure out how to save her. I knew there was no place for her at our house, but surely someone would take her in. I came back home that evening and she was still there – in the middle of the road. She was so obviously waiting for the one who had dumped her. I talked to MOH and he again asked me, “What are you going to do with her?” We really don’t have room for any more – I know that. I named her Zelda and decided that if she was still there in the morning that I would have to pick her up and figure out how to deal with her.

I left for work the next morning and saw her in the road, run over, and cried the rest of the way in. MOH told me it was not my fault and not my responsibility but I can’t help feeling I could have saved her.

She waited for two days in the middle of the road, negligent owner, for you to come back and get her. Congratulations on getting rid of your burden. I hope you rot in Hell for letting that scared little dog die alone in the road waiting for you to come back for her. I will never understand people like you.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. This is horrifying to read, and I know what I'm feeling must be one tenth of one percent of what you're feeling. I hope you can find solace in the fact that you care for 4 rescued pets. And yes, I do think there is a special circle of Hell for that dog's owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only hope that that's true. I hope Hell holds a special place for the abusers! Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't your fault! There are horrible people out there and you are not one of them.

    ReplyDelete